• Encourage creative problem solving, and promote a constructive work environment among the staff.
• Able to understand the risks associated with current and emerging technologies.
• Ability to work in teams as well as independently and to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to travel when needed and sometimes for several weeks at a time. Can work under pressure.
• Responsible for the internal controls and risks of a company’s
• Perform an assessment and review of the IT environment, IT control
applications, network, internal controls review, and data analysis.
• Identifying the weaknesses in a systems network and creating an
action plan to prevent security breaches in the technology.
• Monitor a computer network for possible mismanagement, fraud, and
• Monitor IT systems to ensure they follow company policies and
practices, and government regulations.
• Evaluate technology system, IT staff has a solid understanding, and
internal controls are in place.
• Ensure that the Business continuity plan is in place and is followed
properly. Assess recovery plan and check if staff has made necessary
training and has understood this plan.
• Ability to plan and execute an internal audit procedures and the
creation of internal audit reports.
• Promote efficient practices by recommending improvements in
processing capability, user interface, and security designs.
• Evaluate IT accounting practices to trace a company's resources.
• Implement auditing policies and make sure that the company has
adequate technology and system controls to meet business objectives
and customer needs.
• Can work within a team to create a solid information technology infrastructure, and collaborate with the management to devise and put in place policies and procedures regarding network security issues